Online Satellite DEM Processing using DigitalGlobe GBDX
Designed for GIS professionals
Is this process right for your project?
- 2 km by 2 km areas of 1 m Digital Surface Model (DSM)
- The online DEM processing is optimized for accurate surveying of areas of exposed bare ground. The most frequent use is for estimating volumes for earthworks engineering projects such as access roads, drill sites facilities sites
- 1 m relative elevation accuracy - usually better than 50 cm
- ~3 m global accuracy – post processing user adjustment in ArcGIS to ground survey points provides 50 cm global accuracy
- Elevation grid is the tops of buildings and top of tree canopy
- Buildings have rounded edges and corners
- Some ArcGIS post processing may be required to flatten water bodies, featureless ground areas and ground areas that have changed between the different dates of the cross track stereo satellite photos.